Sunday 22 March 2015

Studio Time

Practising in the studio

Before the weeks of exposure I have been practising in the studio for exposure. I have done some presenting before it was slightly familiar to me, however there were some added distractions this time. We were given ear pieces so we could hear the production team in the gallery. This was a distraction as so much was going on and people were communicating with each other, so therefore it was important that I channelled the relevant information. It was off putting and when people were talking to me I wanted to stop to listen so it was difficult to carry on and listen at the same time. 
I realised that it is important to talk at your own speed and not rush as this causes you to confuse words and stumble, it is important to be clear and understandable. I saw that it is important to consider what clothes you are wearing as colours such as white glare and wash out on the screen, and close stripes look slightly animated on camera. 

Some things I found difficult when I was presenting were:
1. The cameras numbering is backwards to me, camera one is on the right and three is on the left, so this confuses me as it is not the normal way you read numbers, so therefore I had to really think about which camera I was looking at. 
2. It was difficult not to talk over people when doing the interview, more preparation and synchronization with the guest and co-presenter needed to be found. I think I could have done this by speaking with the co-presenter and guest beforehand and having a 'mock' interview, this would have probably made the interviewee more comfortable as well. 
3. Making sure I know enough information about topics before going on air. Some of the practises were subjected about things that I did not know about - therefore I was unable to have the correct responces to the discussions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment